India called me before I was born. I think. And since then, after numerous trips, each one very different, days filled with mystique of unimaginable beauty, monumental feats of architecture and design – a colorful past and present intertwined with epic history, religion and cultures, it continues to call me loudly. Yes, India sure writes indelible, incredible stories for life, into your heart.
But, India can be also daunting, they say!
Many women travelers choose India for the adventure, the vibrancy, the glamour of the past, but many, many choose India for the alluring shopping, so remember to pack light – or take an empty suitcase.
The cities I’ve chosen for this particular Princess Tour, will leave you feeling like Rajasthani Princesses, for sure. Each property is five star, but actually, all could be classified as six, but is that just my Indian jewel colored glasses now speaking?
In a nutshell…
Delhi has been a favorite destination for photographers in search of the exotic, the chaotic, and the contradictions, and the frenetic beep, beep of the auto rickshaws, all bent on claiming that ‘fastest driver in Delhi’ prize!
City of love, the most precious jewel of India is the “Taj Mahal”. It is also listed in the Seven Wonders of the World
A romantic dusty pink hue — which has defined the city since 1876, after it was painted pink to welcome Queen Victoria’s husband, Prince Albert — gives Jaipur its status as the “Pink City,” as it is commonly known!
Jodhpur, the blue city, was the largest state of Rajputana during the British colonial rule, and why blue houses? It is believed that the blue colour helps in keeping the interiors of the house cool during hot summers, Jodhpur is in the desert, but it also was to deter termites.
Rawla Narlai, a meticulously restored 17th-century royal retreat, is one of Rajasthan’s best-loved heritage hotels. Set in a particularly scenic part of the Aravalli Hills, it is a great base for walking, riding and leopard safaris.
Our Boutique Hotel is brimming with vintage accessories, and very traditional architectural flourishes. It’s a veritable oasis of luxury and comfort, in a quiet stretch of the beautiful Aravalli Hills. Great shopping in Udaipur as well to be had.
Highlights – a selected few….
- Delhi – two nights of Royal splendor
- A wander down Chandi Chowk alley ways – feel alive.
- Visit to India’s largest mosque, Jama Masjid
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Shop at Khan Market – delightful
- Spa treatment included to recover jet lag
- Drive to Agra 3 hours – one night
- Visit the Taj Mahal – totally moving, unbelievable.
- Drive to Jaipur 4hrs – two nights
- Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds) Jaipur
- Visit to Amer Fort or ‘Amber Fort’ as the British called it
- Visit Maharaja’s City Palace Jaipur
- Drive to Jodhpur – 5.30hr – Blue city in the desert
- Visit the massive Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur
- Shop in all the right places/bazaars, and warehouses
- Drive Jodhpur to Rawla Narlai 2 hours.
- Check into a 17th century fortress Rawla Narlai one night
- Dinner at a Stepwell – at a unique hunting lodge
- Transfer to Udaipur 2.30hr
- Check into an interior designer gem hotel in Udaipur two nights – aah!
- Cruise on the 4km long Lake Pichola
- Jean’s expertise Indian shopping assistance 24/7
- Full breakfast daily, welcome and farewell dinner and step well dinner
See my dropdown box’ Tours Ahead for full itinerary and further info.. or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour will sell out!