“Egypt isn’t a historic country, Egypt came first, then came the history.” – Najeeb Mahfous, Egyptian writer
Goddess of the Nile
Egypt 6 – 16 November 2022
Egypt is the motherland of the world. The history of ancient Egypt spans the period from the early prehistoric settlements of the northern Nile valley to the Roman conquest of Egypt in 30 BC. The Pharaonic period, when Egypt was ruled by a pharaoh, is dated from the 32nd century BC, when Upper and Lower Egypt were unified, until the country fell under Macedonian rule in 332 BC.
Egypt is not just the Pyramids, temples and tombs, Egypt is its people, the farmers in their villages along the banks of the Nile. The busy streets of the crazy Cairo, the friendly Nubian people, one of the oldest existing races on earth, located in southern Egypt with their colorful houses.
See the Great pyramid of Giza one of the greatest wonders of the ancient world and the Sphinx.
- Visit GEM, the Grand Egyptian Museum, one of the most important museums in the world
- Stop by the oldest mosque in Cairo; Ibn Tulun.
- Visit the crypt where baby Jesus and the Virgin Mary hid when they escaped to Egypt
- Walk along the back streets of Islamic Cairo and the Bazar
- Discover the ancient city of Thebes witnessing it magnificent wonders
- Enjoy the vivid stunning colors of Valley of the Kings and the tomb of King Tut Ankh Amon
- Get lost between the gigantic columns of Karnak temples.
- Visit the great temples of Abu Simbel one of the miracles of the ancient Egypt
- Sail down the Nile for few nights in your own private Dahabiya sailboat…. traveling like the Pharaohs
- Immerse yourself in the exotic culture of the Nubians in Aswan, dining and dancing with their kids.
Our goal on this Egyptian adventure is connect you not just with Egypt’s history and its awe-inspiring sights, but with its people, the delicious food of the country plus we aim to spoil you a bit.
All lodging is luxury boutique or historic 4 – 5 star hotels. Of course, you cannot travel to Egypt without sailing down the Nile River, watching the countryside passing by, so we’ll spend few nights on the Nile sailing in a luxury private sailboat. This type of smaller classic boat called a Dahabeya will allow us to get closer to the Nile giving us the opportunity to be more connected to nature, the life and people of its banks as we access points not available to bigger cruise ships. We’ll sail like the Victorians used to back in the day of the grand tour.
Our guides on this tour are an Egyptian couple, both of whom are Egyptologists. Sameh hails from Upper Egypt and Mariam his partner from Lower Egypt. Their love unified again the two sections of Egypt thus repeating history. Egyptian history is not just a subject they studied at school, but it runs in their blood to keep reminding them of who they are and what Egyptian culture has offered to the humanity. They will go out of their way to make your journey an unforgettable authentic experience.
for further info, see my drop down box ‘Tours Ahead’ – or contact me – firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the ‘waitlist’.